Out of School Care Leader Posting
Position: Out of School Care Worker (Formerly Level 2)/Out of School Care Supervisor (Formerly Level 3)
General Description: As an Out of School Care Worker you will help supervise, plan and coordinate recreational activities for children, ages 6-12. The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for supervising sports, help in planning and coordinating arts and craft and other activities to inspire the development of the children.
Position Reports to: This position is reports directly to the CRCA Out of School Care Program Supervisor.
- Child Development Worker. (Formerly Level 2).
- Child Development Supervisor (Formerly Level 3)
- Previous experience working with children is an asset.
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills as well as the ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently.
- Successful candidates must obtain a current Police Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector check that must be updated every year as well as obtain Standard First Aid with CPR.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide exceptional customer service to participants, parents, public, and co-workers.
- Plan & implement games & activities.
- Actively participate in games & activities.
- Act as a role model to participants.
- Maintain control of children at all times.
- Ensure safety of participants is a priority.
- Notify supervisor of any unsafe equipment.
- Deal with discipline in an appropriate manner.
- Fill out incident forms as required.
- Set up and Clean up rooms and hall.
- In the absence of the Supervisor be able to take on the roles that are allowed in the regulations.
Wages: To be determined.
Hours of work will generally be but not limited to: 6:30 am – 9:00am, 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm, 12:00 pm- 6:00 pm, during school PD Days and holidays we are open from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm.
Please forward resumes to:
Launa Patrick – email@example.com or drop off resumes at the Chestermere Recreation Centre – 201 West Chestermere Drive.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting closes August 24, 2016