Chestermere Regional Community Association
Position: Birthday Party / Program Leader
On Call – Part Time.
General Description: As a Birthday Party/Program Leader you will supervise, plan and coordinate recreational activities for children and youth. The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for hosting and facilitating children’s birthday parties as well as teaching student’s sports and activities for a variety of programs at the Chestermere Recreation Centre.
Position Reports to: This position is directly responsible to the CRCA Recreation Program Coordinator and the Office Manager.
• Previous experience working with children or coaching is an asset.
• Strong communication, planning and organizational skills as well as the ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently.
• Successful candidates must obtain a current Police Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector check that must be updated every year as well as obtain Standard First Aid with CPR and AED.
• Provide exceptional customer service to participants, parents, public, and co-workers.
• Greet birthday party attendees and assist with inquiries.
• Plan & implement games & activities for birthday parties.
• Actively participate in games & activities.
• Act as a role model to participants.
• Maintain control of all children at all times.
• Ensure safety of participants is a priority.
• Notify supervisor of any unsafe equipment.
• Deal with discipline in an appropriate manner
• Fill out incident forms as required.
• Assist with food delivery if required
• Clean up rooms or hall when program is complete
• Address and document any questions concerns and forward to the Program Supervisor.
Compensation: $15-$20 per hour based on experience.
Hours of work will generally be during evenings and weekends with some daytime shifts available.
Please forward resumes to:
Jody Nouwen – email@example.com or drop off resumes at the Chestermere Recreation Centre – 201 West Chestermere Drive.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting closes Feb 29, 2016