Position Description: Facility and Arena Attendant
Reports to: Operations Manager
Hours of Work: Part-time, various shifts, anytime Monday thru Sunday
To Apply: Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Facility & Arena Attendant is responsible for a wide range of tasks related to the operation and maintenance of the Chestermere Regional Community Association. The facility consists of 2 arenas, a curling rink, a large hall, a small hall, two meeting rooms, office spaces, three ball diamonds and several soccer fields. Key accountabilities include ensuring a positive customer experience, ice maintenance using the Olympia ice resurfacer and maintaining a safe and clean facility for all user groups.
The position may require day, evening or weekend shifts depending on need and availability. A valid driver’s license, First Aid/AED/CPR certificate, WHMIS training and criminal and vulnerable sector record check may be required.
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License
- Motivated, ambitious and able to work independently
- Willingness to help in any way possible
- Ability to communicate and work as a team member
- Previous arena experience and/or RFP Arena Operator Level 1 an asset, but not required
- Standard First Aid and AED required
- WHMIS Certificate required, training provided
- Provide exceptional customer service to guests of the Chestermere Community Centre and Arena while ensuring guests follow the rules and regulations of the facility.
- Ensure the safety and security of the facility by complying with CRCA Policies and Procedures at all times reporting all incidents to immediate supervisor and completing forms as required.
- Maintain arena ice surface by operating the ice resurfacer (Olympia), electric ice edger, and other equipment to flood, shave, fill holes, measure ice thickness, etc.
- Operate and maintain ice plant compressor, HVAC systems, security systems, electrical and plumbing and all other systems required for facility operations.
- Do basic maintenance for the entire facility including all areas used by the public and secure areas. This includes painting, minor repairs, and preventative maintenance.
- Complete general maintenance of outdoor property including grass fields, parking lots, sidewalk and entrances. This includes mowing, trimming, leaf blowing, snow shoveling, ice removal, garbage removal and weeding.
- Perform janitorial work including operating floor machine, cleaning showers and washrooms, and ensuring high standards of cleanliness at entrances, lobbies and all public spaces.
- Ensure cleanliness of rental spaces prior to and following rental use.
- Opening and closing of the facility including walking around the facility ensuring the security of the facility.
- Create positive experiences for user groups including opening doors for rentals in a timely fashion, ensuring dressing rooms are assigned accordingly, answering inquiries about the facility, handling complaints and conflict resolution.
- Be available for user groups by remaining on premises, in public view, and by facility cell phone as the contact person for all safety, security and facility concerns and needs.
- Communicate with other facility and CRCA staff through the use facility schedules, the arena log book, reading meeting minutes and contacting supervisor with issues and information for other staff.
- Liaise with contractors, delivery personal, and plant maintenance personal when on shift to give access to various facility areas and receive and confirm order deliveries.
- Assist in the preparation of events and programs, including setting up and taking down of tables for functions and trade shows as well as setting up indoor playground, blocking parking lots, putting up event signage, etc.
- Support and assist in community projects and events whenever possible supporting volunteerism and community engagement.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
- Working conditions include working on slippery surfaces and outdoor weather conditions in the summer and winter. Duties can be physically demanding including heavy lifting, shoveling and sweeping.
Closing date: On-going