Position: Part-Time Out of School Care Aide
General Description: The Chestermere Recreation Centre is looking for a Part-time Aide for the Out of School Care Program. The aide will work one on one with a child; provide supervision, activities and guidance appropriate to child’s age and development.
Leader must be creative and innovative, be self-motivated and enthusiastic, foster self-esteem, problem solving and conflict resolution skills in the children as well as create an atmosphere of safety, belonging and positive development for each child.
Leader will work under the direction of the Out of School Care Supervisor to supervise children ages 6 – 12 yrs.
- Child development worker certificate (formerly level 1) is an asset or willing to take certification course within 6 months of hire date.
- Candidates must be knowledgeable about child development and special needs.
- Candidates must have strong communication, planning and organizational skills as well as the ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently.
- Successful candidates must submit a current Police Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector check and provide proof of Standard First Aid with CPR prior to the start of camp.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work one on one with children with special needs.
- Provide feedback and guidance for child as they participant in program activities
- Deal with behavior management in an appropriate manner as directed by Out of School Care Supervisor/or the CRCA General Manager.
- Provide exceptional customer service to participants, parents, and co-workers.
- Attend orientation and training meetings as required.
- Plan, implement and actively participate in games & activities.
- Act as a role model to participants and provide leadership in recreational activities.
- Ensure safety and security of participants is a priority.
- Notify supervisor of any unsafe equipment or other concerns.
- Fill out incident forms as required.
Hours of work: 6:30 – 8:30 am, 3:00– 5:30pm, Mon to Fri. Hours are varied and leader positions are dependent on the number of participants each week and the needs of the program. Program runs from Sept-June.
Wages: $15.00/hour based on experience and certifications. (Plus government top up if applicable)
Please forward resume and a job specific cover letter to:
Attn: Vandhna Sharma, email@example.com or drop off resume with cover letter to the Chestermere Recreation Centre – 201 West Chestermere Drive.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.