UPDATE: March 15, 2020
CRCA FACILITY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE – March 15, 2020
As a precaution to help limit the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and support the community’s efforts to control the situation, the Chestermere Regional Community Association (CRCA) has decided to close the Chestermere Recreation Centre. This means our building, including Out of School Care and all facility tenant offices, are closed until further notice. All ice rentals and facility bookings are also cancelled until further notice.
Out of School Care Closed
As mandated by the Alberta government earlier today (view announcement here), all schools, daycare facilities and out of school care programs were ordered to cease operations immediately. By following this new order, the CRCA’s Out of School Care Program will be closed effective immediately. We will remain closed until the government of Alberta recommends otherwise.
We are currently working through how this will impact your fees and we’ll have more information for you regarding this in the coming days.
Due to the increasing number of telephone calls, we ask to you send us your questions via email at email@example.com instead of calling the office.
UPDATE: March 14, 2020 (5 p.m.)
ALL CRCA PROGRAMS POSTPONED
In the interest of public safety, the CRCA has decided to postpone all recreation programs (scheduled and drop-in) for the time being.
The programs currently running (depending upon duration left) may be rescheduled to a later date. All spring recreation programs scheduled to begin tomorrow, Sunday, March 15, are also postponed. These include all off-site recreation programs, as announced earlier today.
- Those who are currently participating in a program in progress, depending upon time left, will be issued a pro-rated refund in the coming weeks, should the programs not be rescheduled.
- Although spring programs have been placed on hold, the CRCA plans to resume with them at a suitable date. All registration and fees paid will remain on file and will transfer to when those programs start. Should any program not resume, participants will be offered a refund on fees paid.
Should you wish to request a refund for fees paid, please contact us only via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This does NOT include pre and post-school care. They will continue to operate at this time.
The remainder of the building and access to businesses located within the facility will remain open at this time.
Update: March 14, 2020 (1 p.m.)
IMPORTANT PROGRAMMING INFORMATION
The Rocky View School Division has closed its facilities for community use outside of school hours. This means effective Monday, March 16, the following off-site CRCA recreation programs are cancelled until further notice:
Youth Basketball on Monday nights at East Lake School
Youth Badminton on Wednesday nights at East Lake School
Adult Rec Volleyball on Tuesday nights at Chestermere Lake Middle School
Adult Rec Volleyball on Wednesday nights at Chestermere Lake Middle School
Youth Drop-in Basketball on Friday nights at Prairie Waters School
If you have any questions regarding these cancellations, please contact us at (403) 272-7170.
Update: March 12, 2020
IMPORTANT FACILITY INFORMATION
In light of recent developments surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Alberta and around the globe, the Chestermere Regional Community Association (CRCA) is proactively preparing for all possible scenarios which may impact our facility and community.
Although the current climate is rapidly changing, the CRCA will do our best to monitor the situation to keep our patrons and staff fully informed.
The CRCA has taken the following steps:
- Cancelled all CRCA led large gatherings, including:
- Mind Body Spirit Expo (March 21)
- Spring Easter Hop Family Dance (April 3)
- Cancelled the Preschool Adventures Drop-In program for the foreseeable future.
Other important information to know:
- As of today, March 12, all recreation programs are running as scheduled for the time being. Should this change, we will notify participants and make appropriate arrangements for rescheduling or refunds, if necessary.
- Currently, facility bookings under 250 attendees will continue without impact. However, events over 250 attendees will be cancelled effective immediately (as per Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health).
- Before and after school care is continuing to operate as normal, until otherwise precipitated by local school boards.
We ask you to check chestermerecrca.com for updates.
The CRCA is taking the necessary steps to safeguard our guests by increasing our cleaning protocols and paying particular attention to high-touch surface areas. We are providing hand sanitizer throughout the building, and all staff is following good hand hygiene practices.
What you can do:
Take these steps to protect yourself and your family from colds, cases of flu and other viruses.
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home.
- Practice frequent hand hygiene and coughing/sneezing etiquette.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, such as your phone, steering wheel, toys, and doorknobs.
- Call 811 if you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms.
For more information on healthy habits and the Coronavirus, visit Alberta Health Services or the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Please know that your health and safety and that of our team and community are of utmost concern and we are doing our best to mitigate the risk the virus may pose.
Visit our website for further updates or contact us at (403) 272-7170 if you have any questions.