November 27, 2020
After receiving clarification on what activities can occur at the Rec Centre, the CRCA can confirm the facility will remain open with the following restrictions:
What cannot take place:
- Team sporting activities including hockey, ringette, group figure skating, group on-ice conditioning, soccer, sportball, volleyball, pickleball, floor hockey, dance and any other organized children’s physical activity classes (such as martial arts programs).
- Group exercise/fitness classes
- Social gatherings and meetings (including Girl Guides, Quilters, Art Guild, Lions Club)
- Chestermere Whitecappers Seniors Center activities
What can take place:
- Household cohort facility and ice rentals
- One on one training venue and ice rentals (i.e. one coach to one participant)
- Chestermere Community Preschool
- Olympus Boxing Club (individual training only)
- Church groups for 15 people or less (socially distanced while wearing masks)
Please note, these operational policies can change at any time. If you have any questions regarding your upcoming booking or facility policies, please contact us.
November 24, 2020
After today’s Provincial restrictions announcement to ease the spread of COVID-19, the CRCA recognizes Members and customers may have questions about what this means for users and any upcoming bookings at the Rec Centre.
We are presently evaluating how these restrictions will impact our operations and plan to share this information as soon as possible. Please visit our website for further updates.
November 13, 2020
In light of yesterday’s targeted public health measures announcement from the Government of Alberta, the CRCA would like to share with our Members and users what we know to date.
- The suspension is in place for two weeks beginning today (November 13) through Friday, November 27. Pending any further restrictions, the CRCA will return to normal activities/bookings on Saturday, November 28.
- The ban on indoor group fitness classes and team sports was introduced as these activities can have a high risk of spread due to exertion of participants, and often involve mixing and mingling before or after the class or activity.
- The CRCA expects all facility users to comply with the newly announced restrictions. Should CRCA employees encounter a booking or event not abiding by these new measures, the CRCA reserves the right to intervene and shut down the booking/event. Organizers of such events will not be entitled to a credit or refund.
- For complete information on the new targeted public health measures, visit the Government of Alberta website.
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELLED IN OUR FACILITY (EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 13 – 27):
- ALL team sporting activities including hockey, ringette, group figure skating, group on-ice conditioning, soccer, sportball, volleyball, pickleball, floor hockey, dance and any other organized children’s physical activity classes (such as martial arts programs).
- Group exercise/fitness classes or programs.
WHAT CAN CONTINUE IN THE FACILITY:
- Chestermere Community Preschool
- Social gatherings and meetings for 15 people or less (including Girl Guides, Quilters, Art Guild, Lions Club)
- Church groups for 15 people or less
- Markets with AHS restrictions and approval
- One-on-one training on the ice or in fitness training areas (i.e. one coach to one participant)
- Household cohort ice and facility rentals
- School ice rental bookings
- Olympus Boxing Club – individual training only
- Chestermere Whitecappers Seniors Center activities for 15 people or less
- CRCA Annual General Meeting – November 25
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate through these new restrictions. Our main priority is to ensure user safety. We will update our Members and users as soon as we are able. The CRCA remains hopeful for a return to normal activities as quickly as possible.